Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is a test. This is only a test.

Since I now read lots of sewing blogs, I thought it might be fun to try my hand at it. But this is just a test. I may abandon this idea as quickly as it started!

Today I have been working on a skirt pattern. I've never had much luck with skirts - pants, yes, but not skirts. I took a pants fitting class from Cynthia Guffey ( a while back and have a nice pants pattern. Seems like it should be easy enough to convert it into a satisfactory skirt. Previously I tried for A-line. I'm thinking this is a bad look for me. The results were extremely dumpy. Wadders. So today I'm trying a straight skirt. Unsurprisingly my piece of black linen is insufficient. But then I remembered Pam Howard's article in Threads (), "What To Do When Fabric Runs Short (#122)." Thanks, Pam! So here goes. A black skirt with a "design feature" - that little bias cut out on the lower corner of each side.

Here is what I cut off the pattern:

And here is what I plan to insert:

No comments:

Post a Comment