Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Music Box Jumper



Recently while visiting my favorite little quilt shop in Atlanta, Intown Quilters, I purchased a pattern from Oliver and S, the Music Box Jumper. I also bought some light-weight corduroy, and coordinating striped cotton to make the piping. DD was with me and helped make the selection.  That's something I really like about Intown. She carries more than simply quilt cotton.

There were a few challenges with the pattern. The markings for the front pleat on View B have to be wrong. I had to sew-and-rip several times to get the front skirt to fit the front yoke. And then the notches for the front yoke are missing from the pattern tissue. And then the online description says that the pleat is in the BACK. All of this was a little frustrating but really not that big of a deal.



It did turn out pretty cute, I think. And DGD-H wore it her very first day of Kindergarten. What better endorsement is there?

1 comment: