The smart phone case will hold the standard size smart phone or a mobile phone with a bit of space left over for a bit of money or a credit card. Straps are optional.
- 10 x 10 inch square for outer fabric
- 10 x 10 inch square for inner fabric
- two 10 x 10 inch med wt interfacing squares
- one small hair elastic for the closure
- about 30 inches of cord or ribbon for strap
- one button
- Finished size: 3.75 inches wide, 6 inches high when buttoned, 8 inches high when open
- Prepare a pattern: cut a piece of tissue that is 9 x 9 inches. Cut off two triangles - 4.5 inches on each side from two sides to create a *house* with a *roof*. The house is 9 inches high in the center, with 4.5 inch walls, and a 9 inch floor. It should look like Figure 1.
- Interface each of the 10x10 squares using the interfacing instructions.
- Place the pattern on the interfaced squares and cut each into the *house* shape.
- Place right sides together and sew the walls and the roof together using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Do NOT sew the floor. OPTIONAL: Before sewing this, insert a small hair elastic in the tip before sewing. Also you may insert small loops on either side for straps. These should be 3 inches down from the top.
- Trim corners, turn and press, gently pulling out hair elastic and strap loops.
- Fold down the center of the house with the outer fabric on the inside. It should look like Figure 2. The yellow print is the lining for this sample.
- Stitch the two short sides together using a 1/4 inch SA.
- Refold so that this last seam is in the center. See Figure 3.
- Stitch across the bottom using 1/4 inch SA.
- Turn to outside. Press.
- OPTIONAL: Add strap and button.
- This bag can be resized for larger or smaller electronic devices.
- You may want to add a small credit card pocket to the back (outside).
- Also I used quilt cotton. If you use anything heavier, you may not need to interface both pieces.