Friday, January 18, 2019

More PJs!



I'm beginning to feel quite fancy with multiple new PJ sets, especially as I consider my old nighttime garb. Just finished my second set and a third set is cut and ready to sew. For each I'm using the Eureka top and the Hudson pants from the Sewing Workshop.


This set fits differently than the previous set because the fabric is a rayon jersey. I think. This red and white polka dot is one of those what-was-I-thinking pieces in my stash. I made the pants slightly smaller because of the knit and overlayed the totally-stright side seams to cut front and back pieces as one.


This was inspired by a visit to the High Museum with BSF to see the Yayoi Kusama exhibit. It was fantastic. Every time I noticed this crazy red and white piece, I could not imagine why I bought it. Well, now I know. I needed Kusama-inspired PJs. And you do too!



Per usual I did not have enough fabric to make it entirely out of the red and white polka dot. And per usual that's a good thing. I had to add the panel at the bottom front piece of the Eureka. And so I also used that printed rayon jersey for the neck band and the sleeve cuffs.


The additional print made this project more interesting. By cutting it on the bias, the pattern is little squares you can see on the neck line. I like that a lot. It's the little things, you know. Cut on grain for the lower panel and the sleeve cuffs, it's little diamond shapes.



I feel like I'm really getting into knits at the moment. And I don't usually like knits to sew or wear. But they are perfect for PJs. I learned some little tricks at Sew Kansas like stabilizing the hems with this fusible stuff before top-stitching. It makes all the difference. No ripples.




These PJs make me inordinately optimistic.


"After all, well, moon is a polka dot, sun is a polka dot, and then, the earth where we live is also a polka dot." Kusama

9 comments:

  1. Very swish. Love the fabric combination, elevates the style quotient of your PJs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glamorous and elegant, and yes, swish! They will be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your PJs! You have given me inspiration to start creating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the spin you put on your clothing. They are always elevated by your touches. You mix and match prints so well, too. These PJs are gorgeous. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...these are so fantastic. Now I realize that you used the Eureka top and I am even more enthralled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following last night's full moon, this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are wonderful - have fun wearing them xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you spend some time and effort reviewing your usage and negotiating with carriers, then you could quite easily find yourself saving thousands of dollars. Do yourself a favour and review get the best Primus Business telecommunications deal today.

    ReplyDelete