Friday, May 17, 2019

Grand Sewing


This week I introduced grandchild number last to the joy of sewing. He's 3 1/2. Like his siblings and cousins before him, he started by standing to my right, removing pins as I approached them. He learned how to put them in the magnetic pin holder and how to snip threads.



Of course, this is never complicated sewing, but it is a kind of joyful sewing, just being together.


Truthfully, I made major portions of these projects while he napped.


I suggested a back pack and he approved. He suggested a lunch bag and I approved.


After we finished he packed his lunch and his back pack. We marched into the sun room and played school.

In related news, we inserted zippers with sergers during my neighborhood group, Sew Incredibles. Another quick project - thanks, Rita!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely backpack and lunch bag. What great memories of Grandma for your grandson. The zipped pouches look cute.

    ReplyDelete