Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Vogue 9057

Vogue 9057 is a basic and beautiful pattern from Marcy Tilton. She says, "This collection is a long time design dream." I can see why.

It is fast, easy, and creatively satisfying. This is view D with the long sleeves.



As promised, it fits through the neckline, shoulders and bust. It skims the rest. Just right.

The neck band actually sits a little better on my neck than it does on the dress form. It is not completely flat up against my neck but feels great the way a rayon knit often does.

After seeing a tee shirt made by Margy, I was anxious  to cut the neck band on the bias.

The main fabric is a rayon knit purchased at Five-Eights in Charleston, SC. This is a sweet shop catering to new sewers, I think. They carry mostly quilt cottons, but some nice rayon knits too. The sleeves and neck band are from remnants of a rayon knit purchased in Montreal.


The points appear to be in the side seam, but they are actually part of the front hem shape. The hem shapes make this pattern a bit special. View A is a standard length tee but with a curved hem. Other views include asymmetrical points in the hemline, made even prettier with the layering suggested on the pattern envelope.

When I first saw this pattern, I thought, oh, but I already have several good tee shirt patterns. I'm glad I bought it. It has some easy and fun variations. This is a reminder of why I love to buy and make patterns.




9 comments:

  1. that is so cute! Did you size down from your measurements, or did it seem pretty true to size? thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun and really a nice shape. I am looking forward to working with this pattern (still too hot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top and good review! Hope you will be making the new Marcy coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. I thought about just adjusting a T I already have but sounds like this pattern has some good tips and variations. Your T is cute with the dots and the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I said the same thing, Martha, "oh, that's too much like what I already have"...and then I bought the pattern anyway, and am glad I did. LOVE your version...just the right amount of "collage"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, first thought this pattern was redundant. But on closer examination, I realized what a great starting point it is for a variety of shapes and styles, and I hurried to buy it. Your make is really smart looking. A great combination of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your fabric choices!!! I WANT your top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love EVERYTHING about this top! In fact, you'd better check you closet if I ever get the opportunity to come visit you..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it too...perfect choice of fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete