|Back yoke - added that 60's loop thing|
|Inside back yoke - added a Prairie point|
My first day on this was a bit frustrating. I had not really thought about the stripe much. It is of course both a challenge and a great design opportunity. Stripes present so many possibilities.
But I was brain-dead evidently when I cut it out. I followed the grain lines on the pattern tissue which would be great for anything but a stripe. So after completing the cool lined yoke and making a mess of the collar band, I realized I would not be happy with either even if I managed to resurrect the collar stand. I also realized that the fabric is sheer enough so that the self-lining on the yoke shows through.
So I recut each. I followed Ann Rowley's suggestion on Artisan's Square and cut the yoke so that the stripes (and the grain) run parallel to the front seam. This means the back yoke is chevroned. I used a solid white cotton batiste as the yoke lining.
I recut the collar band in the same way by adding a seam allowance to the fold line for the original band tissue. So it also produces a different chevron. I used the same cotton batiste the line the collar band. I had already decided to omit the collar since it already feels like summer here.
Now I'm auditioning buttons. I think I need to go to Gail K and buy some. I love the buffalo nickles but don't have enough of them. I doubt Gail K will have that. I wonder if there is an online source.