|Hems finished before side seams|
This shirt, like most of my projects, includes some lessons for me. Some lessons are completed; some are not.
So I tried felling the hem first. I like it. I'll do it again. Lesson learned.
And then there is the buttonhole issue. My Bernina 440 makes great buttonholes (now*), identical buttonholes, one right after another. Except for...
Collar stands and the collar points.
Today I spotted a little plastic device in my accessory drawer. After a search on the Internet I now know that it is called a buttonhole leveler. I cannot make it work properly. Bernina offers another accessory that that may actually work. I can purchase it.
|left-to-right auto buttonhole foot (3A), manual foot (3), leveler|
Good ol' Bernina - masters of the unbundled product, a la carte, not included with the purchase of the machine.
|Almost finished shirt for DGS3|
So today I used my work-around. Maybe I'll go ahead a buy that other accessory.
*When I first purchased this machine, my buttonholes were perfect about 50% of the time. The rest of the time, the auto-foot would get hung up after finishing about 3/4 of the buttonhole and refuse to move forward. This of course left a nest of threads on the back to pick out. I could not get it to fail for the dealer. Just like a kid at the doctor's office. Perfect. Finally it got bad enough that the technician watched it misbehave. Then he found a *burr* somewhere in the mechanism and fixed it. I continue a love/hate relationship with this machine.