|Weaving it together, adding small pieces|
This before and after stems from an experiment dyeing with pomegranate peel. It's not a pure process with me. First I used an aluminum pot, the only one I have right now dedicated to such experiments. Then I added some rusty nails and other rusted bits. Still, I was surprised by the colors that emerged.
Jude calls these additions the *saddening* of the color. These are certainly not bright cheerful colors. Made me a little sad. So I added some bright pieces to the weaving. Still working on the stitching.
Here are the Before and After pictures, in case you too like that sort of thing:
|Silk noil, herringbone tweed|
|Silk dupioni, over-dyed|