While waiting for my zipper in order to continue with TSW Quincy top, I've returned to making a few hot-weather tops. I finally cut out another Hearts 'A Flutter by Louise Cutting. I made a wearable muslin that I have really worn and worn! So I've been dreaming about making another one that is really more deliberate in design.
I keep some - ok, a lot - of my remnants and they haunt me. What should I use this one for? And this one?
I found a use for these 3 pieces - a black and white light-weight linen tweed, a black piece of Brussels linen/rayon, and a piece of Louise Cutting's Japanese cottons. I was able to cut the top part of the Hearts 'A Flutter shell out of the tweed and the bottom bands out of the Japanese cotton. I'm using the solid black to make piping to separate the pieces, to face the neckline and to bind the armholes. I've cut out the pieces so I'm committed now.
I'm thinking of reversing the neckline facing so that the black facing flips to the outside. Maybe this will help tie it together. We'll see.
Meanwhile I keep searching for just the right piece or pieces of fabric to make the Batik Butik Spice 'N Style top. I saw it modeled by a sales woman at Waechter's in Asheville NC. She had omitted the sleeves, so it made a cute summer top. The right piece has yet to emerge from my stash. It takes a bit of fabric as the pieces are quite wide. I don't want to make it too choppy with lots of different fabrics.
The front extension offers a spot for a small accent piece, for the right remnant.