My version is basic. Other than a slight change in the buttons, I made no design mods. The pattern calls for 17 buttons to be used in 12 buttonholes on the front.
Closer reading showed that upper buttons are sewn to both sides of the fabric so that there are more buttoning options. I did that but later decided against it. Instead I put the 8 lower buttons on the right side and the 4 upper buttons on the wrong side. This still gives me a number of options for the collar.
The fabric is a wonderful soft cotton shirting of navy blue and white checks. It is so subtle in color, I think it will go with just about any color. And it is identical on both sides.
I had a couple of very minor problems. The first issue was described in my previous post. Katherine Tilton was kind enough to respond to a query I sent her, confirming that Vogue omitted some instructions (between steps 18 and 19).
The collar includes *dart pleats.* I had never even heard of this but it was simple enough. I do wish I had finished my thread tails on the right side, because these are located so that the wrong side shows, not the right side. Also I think it would have been better to put the edge-stitching on the wrong side for the same reason.
This is my seventh shirt in the Shirt-A-Month challenge over on Artisan's Square, so I'm a bit behind. I could make SAM8 next and be caught up.
But I have been dreaming about the Marcy Tilton jacket (Vogue 8839) and today I found some fabric to try. So, on to the next project! Never mind that it is still summer here in the southeastern US.
Oh, and Vogue patterns is having a sale!