Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Simple Quilt

Sometimes I relish the simple projects. I need to make, but it need not always be a brain teaser. From time to time, it is more restful to make something fairly predictable. Predictability can be soothing.


This quilt is based loosely on a traditional quilt pattern - the trip around the world. I've made the totally traditional version. It was large and, boy, was it a yawner to make. This quilt, on the other hand, is quite small - 30 inches by 40 inches. About the time I grew bored, it was complete. And it was satisfying.




A few years ago, my quilt guild had a strip exchange. Every other month we were to slice up 3 pieces of fabric in a rotating color - enough for everyone participating. In the end we all ended up with lots of scrappy greens, scrappy whites, and so on. And they were all 3 inches wide. What could be easier?

The back of the quilt is a cotton print my SIL purchased in South Africa before he even knew my daughter. As soon as I finished my little quilt, I saw this divine skirt made by Rhonda of Rhonda's Creative Life:


Now that would have been something cool to make out of this fabric too.

No comments:

Post a Comment