Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nesting a Vest under a Jacket

See what I mean - way too low for a top
I was certain it was a top. I even read *vest* and convinced myself it would work as a top. It's 100% a vest.

It's OK though. I have grown to enjoy vests very much. And a black linen one should be versatile.

I did decide to line it to give it a bit more substance for an outer (or middle) layer. It does still need buttons. I'm hoping to find basic black buttons that do not add a design element.

And I do love the sashiko-style stitch shown on the black version seen on the front cover - you know, the part that accents the vertical bust darts. Oh, I love those B&W buttons. Hmmm...maybe not finished after all!

I added armscye bust darts. As I mentioned previously, one oddity in this pattern is that the knit versions have 4 bust darts but the woven versions have only the vertical bust darts.

The vest is also piped with the same B&W checked silk taffeta. It shows much better on the black linen, of course.

Vogue 8982 has provided me with much entertainment through a cold spell here. First there was the fleece vest remake. Then the jacket for woven fabrics. And now the top - er, I mean vest.

I believe that I'm ready to move on to a new pattern. So, what's next on your to-do list.




Here it is nested under the jacket. I don't know if I'll really ever wear it that way but it is a pretty neckline.



3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. Love the lines and love how it all works together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your detail work is so gorgeous! I think the two work fabulously together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pairing! The neckline reminds me of kimono.

    ReplyDelete