Thursday, May 15, 2014

MMM 2014 - the halfway point

Half way through Me-Made-May 2014. Growing bored with these pix of myself, but I am learning some things.

Day 8: Katherine Tilton's new top for Butterick (6026) in linen from Sawyer Brook fabrics, linen tapered one-seams from Cutting Line Designs (CLD).
May need to rethink my opposition to Spanks or whatever they call those 21st century girdles

Day 9: Old, old navy cotton sateen ensemble, shirt is Trio top from The Sewing Workshop (TSW), pants are TSW's Urban.
Cannot determine why I love these cropped pants so much. Oh, yeah, they are comfortable.

Day 10: Newest shirt - Simplify Your Life from CLD in a cotton shot, skirt is microknit made with Christine Jonson's Basewear II pattern.
Plain. I like plain.
Day 11: A very happy Mother's Day. All pieces made with CLD patterns - Of The Moment jacket in washable silk tweed, Pure and Simple shell in navy linen, tapered one-seams also in navy linen
That one on the left is so darned cute (IMHO) - wish she would let me sew for her!

Day 12: Both pieces are Japanese cotton. Top is the Mimosa top from The Sewing Workshop, pants are the Hudsons also from TSW. Truly one of my favorite outfits.
The look of stubby legs does not seem to deter me from loving these cropped pants
Day 13: Another old top from TSW, this one from the MixIt pattern in a crisp cotton print, pants yet another picture of those Urban pants in black linen.
Wore them til the button fell off
Day 14: Modified that CLD top shown above to create a slight high-low hem. Pants are purple silk noil, tapered one-seams from CLD.
Part of my Purple Binge
Day 15: Katherine Tilton Tee (V8793) in cotton knits, pants are made in a microfiber with a bit of lycra - TSW's Urban pants modified to eliminate front seam and added a couple of pockets.
Eva dress - will blog on this soon!

6 comments:

  1. Love the Katherine Tilton tops on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all so flattering, you look wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love the Butterick top (THAT COLOR!) and the CLD top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you dare buy a girdle! You look fabulous! I love your cropped pants. They're my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these outfits. They say who you are! Can't wait to see more of your batik dress. I'm planning a top using the same fabric with a solid knit. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices and you always look great. Hope this comment doesn't get lost like so many others I've posted on your blog through the Google system ..

    ReplyDelete