Thursday, May 22, 2014

MMM 2014 Week 3

May is almost over and so is Me-Made-May. Though the time has flown, I must say it's been a bit more challenging this year because I've been traveling so much. I don't feel as inspired by what I'm wearing, even though it is mostly me-made.

Day 16 - My new purple dress. Wait. What was I saying about inspiration? I love this dress. I love the color. I love the lantern shape.

Tessuti downloadable dress pattern made in rayon batik from Sawyer Brook fabrics

Day 17 - Oldies, tres comfortable.

Cutting Line Design (CLD) patterns - top is Anything But Ordinary in silk noil 
with tapered one-seams in stretch denim

Day 18 - Oh, well, I like this too. And it's purple. And I was on Rainbow Row. And the weather was perfect.
Folkwear pattern Japanese Field Clothing (the men's hipari/kimono) in a very flowy silk, with CLD pieces - one-seam pants and shell, both in silk noil.

Day 19 - Oh my goodness. More purple. And those denim tapered one-seams again.

Newish pattern from CLD - Simplify Your Life top view B

Day 20 - OK, this is boring, but it sure is comfortable. And I had room for enchiladas.

CLD Anything But Ordinary top with Sewing Workshop Urban pants, both are black linen

Day 21 - Hmmm...just went with the PJs. Sorry.

Folkwear hipari from Japanese Field Clothing, this time in denim with sashiko stitching,
Folkwear monpei pants, and self-drafted shell

Day 22: Running errands, back at home...


Top is my favorite Tee pattern (Katherine Tilton for Vogue), pants are from Marcy Tilton for Vogue

So now I cannot wait to get back into my sewing room. I am so, so anxious to make something. Do you ever get like that?





3 comments:

  1. Nice to see all of these comfortable looking outfits that are so uniquely yours. I understand when you say you're anxious to make something. Right now I'm eager to get started on something really different. I don't yet know what it is, but I hope to have an unusual garment to show at the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! And you look ravishing in purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I love your purple kimono jacket! Comfy and gorgeous and looks great with your hair. x

    ReplyDelete