Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sewing in New England

Now home from another fun visit to NH to visit my son and his family. These trips always include some sewing. I am, therefore I stitch.

A regular stop for me when I visit .- Sawyer Brook Fabrics show room in MA.

Next time, I'm going to ask if I can take pictures inside their show room. Wish I had thought of that. I think I just get so focused on the gorgeous fabric and what will fit in my suitcase. I'm single threaded. Ha!

Here is a highlight - got to see Dixie of With Needle and Brush, who had just returned from Hawaii. Always great to see her and her creations. This time I got to see her Marcy Tilton coat in person. Fab.U.Lous. You can see it better on Marcy's blog but I captured a picture from that post. Can't find where Dixie blogged about it.

This coat is both artful and wearable (very). Wool flannel base with kimono remnants and pieces Dixie silk-screened. Dixie lined the collar with some lovely silk. It must be great to wear.

Lastly, here are a few pix of actual sewing done in New England, as opposed to shopping for sewing in New England:
Tunic for granddaughter, tennis dress for her BFF

A little RTW to DIY









3 comments:

  1. It was so great to see you at Sawyer Brook. Thanks for posting a photo of my coat. I never blogged about it, but you've got it pretty well covered in your description.
    The garments you made while here are so pretty. I'm sure the girls love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Grandma ever!!! If I pay your way will you come sew for me?!!! ;) In all honesty, it would be a great experience to sew with you :) Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dixie's coat is gorgeous, and your GD and Friend look terrific in their outfits. The tennis dress turned out well!

    ReplyDelete