Friday, January 20, 2012

ABO Complete!

With some extra help from Louise Cutting on Artisan's Square, I have finished my winter jacket version of her Anything But Ordinary jacket. Thanks to Louise, even the top slot buttonhole went in nicely. Thanks also to Terri for her question about the back facing. I thought about her question and decided to take it as a suggestion. What a needed improvement in what I was doing!



This is such a nice classic jacket pattern. Blogger Sew Forth Now and Conquer and others have made this as a vest, so that may be my next use of this clever pattern. I also saw it as a shirt plus a vest by Carolyn on Artisan's Square. Each version is such an inspiration and all from one pattern.

Aren't sewing buddies the best?

4 comments:

  1. Really really nice, Martha! It looks so high end and polished. I bet you will get loads of wear from this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant and beautifully made! Love that collar, and the seaming lines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Martha. I love the neckline, it is so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Martha, You hit a home run with this jacket. The simplicity of the design and the quality fabric are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete