Thursday, January 26, 2012

TNT Plaza Pants

I've made too many pairs of plaza pants from the Sewing Workshop to even count at this point. They are so comfortable that I have myself convinced they look good too. Maybe they do.

This pair is made from a light-weight wool, interlined with Bemberg Ambiance. It looks almost navy blue in these pictures. In real life they look medium gray.

The interlining required lots of basting to keep things from slipping away. I might have been better off just lining them in the normal fashion. But they do feel great this way. And they hang nicely.
While steam pressing, I was reminded of one of the properties of rayon (Ambiance). It puffs up with moisture. For a few minutes I thought for-sure I had ruined the pants, but a dry iron seems to have fixed the bubbling.

I think it may be time to try a new pull-on pants pattern. Maybe I'm ready for the new one-seams from Cutting Line Designs.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite pants patterns as well. I know I have 3 pair but I may have more LOL. Thanks for inspiring me to get my spring sewing mojo in gear!

    ReplyDelete