Monday, June 22, 2015

White Linen

Is it possible to let the hot, muggy season go by without a white linen project? Oh, I hope not because it is the best possible warm-weather fabric to sew and then great to wear too. There is something about the texture and the way the soft white works with summer light. The camera cannot capture it but here is my best try:


This shirt is based on an older pattern from The Sewing Workshop (TSW), the Mix It Shirt. The pattern contains a straight 3/4 length sleeve. Yawn. But it fits through the shoulders and stands away from the rest of my body.



The sleeve change was easy - I just lengthened it and used Cutting Line Designs (CLD) The Blouse Perfected pattern to make a placket opening in the sleeves and a cuff. As usually I was short on fabric by the time I cut the cuffs, so they have a little different shape. 



Now if you do not have CLD's shirt pattern, then you must simply go right now to the website and purchase it. The instructions are just wonderful for anyone interested in classic shirt details. One day it will be out-of-print and you will be so sad if you have not purchased it yet.

The Mix It Shirt is also an nice little shirt to make. I especially like the little collar:



I like it quite a lot and look forward to wearing it. So, any white linen in your future? Next up for me - royal blue linen!

4 comments:

  1. Looks so cool & crisp! Love white shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sha! Just finished a white linen tank top...about an hour ago. Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete