Sunday, January 6, 2019

My Wildest Dreams

Today's post is about my new PJs. I made these using a crazy piece of rayon challis that I dyed years and years ago. It's been languishing in my stash because, let's face it, it's wild.



My plan for 2019 is to whittle down my stash of whole uncut pieces. And this is one of my oldest pieces. At some point I'm going to have to whittle down my stash of remnants but that is another story.



PJs are perfect for this piece. Rayon is a mess to control so the fewer seams, the better. And it's soft the way PJs should be.



As a side benefit, it sort of matches my last make - the flatiron jacket.



I used some TNT - tried and true - Sewing Workshop patterns. The top is the Eureka top. I lengthened it quite a bit and made a deep hem. The Cottage shirt taught me the value of a deep hem with fly-away fabric.  The pants are slightly modified Hudson pants. Instead of darts in the hem of the legs, I made tucks.



I hear that tie-dye is back on the runway. Not that I plan to wear these out anywhere...



The title comes from a joke I once heard at one of the many, many graduations I attended in my career as an academic. Sonny Perdue, our governor, was scheduled to be the speaker. At the last minute he was sick and so his wife, Mary, was the sub. What a gift.



She told of the day they moved into the governor's mansion. Sonny was going on and on.

Mary, can you believe we're actually living here?! Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think we'd end up here?

But, Sonny, you are not in my wildest dreams.


3 comments:

  1. Oh what great fun! I tend to overdye my more vibrant experiments to something more subdued so its lovely to see you embracing the colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour and you would look so stylish out in your PJs with your Flatiron jacket. As well as a lot more put together than most you see out in their PJs and slippers!!

    ReplyDelete