I have been looking forward to sewing this pattern ever since it was announced. My copy arrived Friday and I cut out the pattern pieces for both the top and the pants, though the pants are far less exciting. I love the lines of the Quincy top.
I've decided to make it with some linen I purchased from Fabric Fix in NH a while ago. It is a cheerful piece - orange threads one direction, pink threads the other. And I love sewing with linen. I have it cut out and have started sewing it, but there is a hitch.
I hate that when the sewing karma is flowing.
This top calls for an 18" separating zipper. The only possible candidate at my local JAs is pastel pink and it is heavy, intended for jackets. So of course I purchased it, hoping it would look good.
It does not look good. In the photo, I see that the bright red zipper might have worked better than this pale pink. I've just sewn one side in and checked the next steps. This is an *exposed* zipper. I suspected that was the case after reading TSW blog. So the zipper needs to either (a) make a statement, or (b) blend with the fabric. The light pink fails on both counts. And it's too heavy for this project.
All that lovely sewing karma will have to stew for a while. Maybe Gail K's will have just the thing tomorrow. If not, I'll be looking for a source on the web.
I still think this is a great addition to TSW line-up. And the instructions are great, as usual.