Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye to 2020

Just a quick post to wrap up this strange year. I've been dreaming of sewing more than actually sewing, but I now have several projects all ready to start in the new year. Instead of sewing, I've made a few Christmas cards. 


This is something fun for me. I don't stress about making a million of them and getting organized. Instead I make one or two as the spirit moves me. So a few (maybe most) recipients are receiving these late.

Here is a recap of the very small amount of sewing I've managed in the last couple of weeks: 

I used a remnant from my last pair of black ponte pants to make a layering shell. I like to have these on hand during the winter. It's nice to wear like a camisole.

I also made just a couple of Christmas gifts, again making sure these were no stress gifts. I made two rice bags for my son using some pretty royal blue silk twill. He has reached the age where he injures himself in his workouts from time to time. I'm not sure how he got to be that old. I thought he might appreciate these lavender sacheted bags that can be heated or frozen. I did not manage to take a picture but they were not all that interesting anyway.

Lastly I made my daughter an apron to match mine using Tessuti's free apron pattern. She is quite petite, so I made some adjustments in hopes it would fit her proportions better. 

I think that this is a fabulous pattern given its price. I might have even paid for it, as it is similar to some I spotted in France summer 2019. It has the feel of a European kitchen to me - simple, crisp, functional. I used some lovely linen purchased in Paris.

And I added a tag that reads "My mom made this."

Happy New Year, fellow creatives! I hope 2021 greets you with lots of fun sewing projects.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year! At least you did some sewing, so well done. Let’s hope 2021 is an improvement on 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Thanks for all your wonderful reviews.

    ReplyDelete