Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christine Jonson pants pattern

For years, I've seen Christine Jonson patterns without paying close attention. Pam Howard and Sew Incredibles friend Karen caused me to take another look, and finally purchase one of her patterns. Pam is teaching SWAP Knits Wardrobe for ASG in 3 weeks, which I am hosting. I've been stock-piling knits and experimenting with them some in anticipation of this very popular class. Pam included CJ patterns in her list of possible knit patterns and so I decided to actually buy one. I chose Travel Trio One which includes pants with a yoke (like that) and princess seams (like that too). It also includes a basic T and a cardigan that I may try later.

I've just cut out the pants and read over the instructions. It looks very easy and fun. There is no way to test fit without essentially finishing the pants, given the way the yoke attaches, so I'll baste the side seams and hope that is where I need to adjust. I'm using some more of this fabulous ponte knit from Gail K which is such a pleasure to sew and (perhaps) forgiving if the fit isn't perfect. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment