Monday, May 21, 2012

Juried Quilt Art

Today I visited a quilt show displayed at the Town Hall in Summerville SC. It was small but impressive.
Personal Favorite
The above is by Peggy Hartwell, titled *The Home Coming.* It is my favorite.


First Place
This one came in first. It's very interesting, though it doesn't make my heart sing. It is by Stefanie Neuner, titled *Venus di milo revisited.*



Also placed
I like this one a lot. It reminds me of the one I made that hangs above my fireplace. But I like the colors here better. This one does make my heart sing. It is by Betsy Giuntoli, titled *Circles of my Mind.* I wish I had captured a detailed show of this. Now I cannot remember if it was hand appliqued or not.

It makes me think about art some. Perhaps it need not entertain. Perhaps it is sufficient if it makes someone think. Maybe that someone need not be me.

All of the pieces in this sweet show made me ponder. This is a good show.

1 comment:

  1. I have been to a few smaller quilt shows and been so inspired by them all.

    ReplyDelete