Thursday, January 24, 2013

Coolie Complete!

This time, I think it's finished. I really, really like this little jacket, Paco Peralta's Coolie Chinese Jacket. Such a cute style, so easy to wear and feel good in.

hidden pocket in pieced facing
And there's just something about red.

Maybe it's not my best color but I always feel good in it for some reason. It's just so cheerful in the middle of winter here in the US.

Finishing touches:

Finished the sleeve hems with bias binding in silk dupioni. No surprise that I had bright red in the stash.

button loops satin-stitched down on the outside
Finished all the interior raw edges with Hong Kong binding from a pretty shirting remnant.

Tacked down the loose bias tubes, turning them into button loops. Much more practical than wrapping them around the buttons.

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's finished, for now anyway.


Hong Kong edge finish


5 comments:

  1. Martha, more of an 'artwork' and just beautiful in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is exquisite! Such a beautiful jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finishing touches, Martha! Not too much, but just enough to make your work completely your own. And what fantastic buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Paco!! And your jacket is over the top!!!!!

    ReplyDelete