Thursday, May 26, 2016

Lightnin'

It is not exactly rare that I make a traditional quilt, but it is not something I want to do often. I like little art quilts, little quilted bags, and of course quilted clothing. But traditional quilts are not my forte.



I finished this top maybe a year or more ago. When I showed it to my 7 year old grandson, he was unimpressed. It contained a few blocks made from Lightning McQueen (Lightnin' da' queen) fabric. Didn't I know that he was too old for that sort of thing? I was bored with it anyway so I just folded it up and put it into the dark recesses of my stash closet.



It resurfaced during a spring clean-out of the closet. The offending pieces were still there. After carefully removing almost all of them, I inserted some new blocks, lighter than the others. It is a much better quilt now.

Texas, our Texas
Next I basted it, quilted it, bound it. Lastly I added a bit of embroidery.

Lightnin's BFF
It is now a gift for my brother. Father of three girls, he probably does not know Lightnin' anyway.


1 comment:

  1. I like the extra touch of embroidery. Quilting is new to me and I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete