Thursday, May 2, 2013

MMM begins!

I love a challenge like Me-Made-May. As other enthusiastic sewers have noted, the biggest challenge is getting the pictures. Sewing is easy - it is so ingrained in my everyday activities.

Almost forgot - have to take the pledge:

 I sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavor to wear and photograph something I made each day for the duration of May 2013.

Here is what I wore yesterday. I've decided it's OK to take the picture one day late.



This is a column I made last fall and put away without having a chance to wear it before cool weather set it. It is made from Louise Cutting's navy linen. The top is the Pure and Simple shell and the pants are the tapered one-seams, all from Cutting Line Designs.

The jacket is the Metropolitan Jacket from Folkwear. I made it twice when it first came out - once as a jacket and once as a shirt. The red jacket is made from a moderately heavy cotton, sort of a soft canvas. I used bias quilt cotton to trim it and to bind the seams, as it is a one-layer jacket. Also added applique circles to the cute sailor collar.

And here is what I made yesterday - a little bag for my mentee's prayer book. She was confirmed yesterday. Made with love, JHL!

5 comments:

  1. So happy that you are joining in on the fun! I had to blow up the picture of your jacket to get a good look. Blow up, that might be a poor choice of words, sorry about that! Anyway, what a great jacket, love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a question, how were you able to get the Me Made Logo on your blog? I tried to copy and paste the url yesterday and it just wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your jacket, detail on the back is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is great and thanks for the link to the column. I needed a reminder of that concept of dressing.

    ReplyDelete