Wednesday, May 10, 2017

MMM Day 10

Today I'm wearing a spring coat. I remember the first time I heard that expression - a spring coat. My NH granddaughter was talking about a jacket I had just gifted her. She said it would be a great spring coat. Having spent a large part of my life in Austin TX, that made no sense. But today I am in Boston visiting the Museum of Fine Arts. Today a spring coat makes sense.



This coat is made with Vogue 8934, a design by Marcy Tilton. It has a stand-up collar, set-in sleeves, side-seam pockets, and a slight lantern shape. The outer fabric is a firm medium weight cotton I bought at Gail K in Atlanta. I lined it with a fun piece of polka-dotted Bermberg Ambiance lining. I quilted the lining to cotton batiste. If you want more info on it, check my old blog post here.



The pants are one-seams from Cutting Line Designs, made up in a light weight black wool, probably a tropical weight. It travels beautifully with wrinkles dropping out as I wear them. They are almost 4-season pants for me.



The top is RTW from Talbot's. I know. This is quite shocking but it's practically vintage, a present from DH during the 80's. It's made of silk but has a nice weight to it - not a light silk.

And, now, en marche!


3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your MMM outfits Martha. And this one is perfect for the MoFA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this too. I especially like this coat, have pattern but never made, the fabric choice is so me....well you....YOU made it and it's a beauty! Thanks for sharing.....I come to your blog everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with your spring coat! The collar and lantern shape are everything. Vogue 8934 is a great ""sample patterns"". And those one-seam pants from Cutting Line Designs – perfect! Thanks for the fashion inspo on MMM Day 10 – you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete