Thursday, May 4, 2017

MMM Day 4

Day 4 of Me-Made-May is a rainy day where I live. It's the perfect day for sewing. However I've allowed errands to build up and it's time to deal with it. So here is my get-it-done ensemble:


Raincoat:

I love this raincoat, a modified version of the Sewing Workshop's (TSW) Soho coat:

The original is quite long and I really prefer a 3/4 length coat. I think I cut off about 15 inches. The fabric is a double cloth with black nylon on one side and a black and cream striped rayon knit on the other. It was surprisingly easy to sew though I had to be attentive when ironing - mostly I just steamed it. I see that the two sides are beginning to separate with the nylon clinging in folds to the knit. I'm not sure how long I'll continue to love it.

Shirt:

This is the Hudson top from TSW, one of the easiest patterns in their line up. And it comes with fun pants. The fabric is a cotton Ikat from Gail K, window pane patterned.


Pants:

This is a modification of the Urban pants, also from TSW. I simply omitted the front opening. The fabric is probably a linen-cotton blend, a cross-dyed black and cream.

Even though I have to run errands which I do not enjoy, I still have something perking in my sewing space:


So how about you? What's perking in your sewing space?

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying seeing your outfits on a daily basis!

    My sewing space today will include something extremely rare - fabric for SOMEONE ELSE. I am making a summer bathrobe for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by what's on your sewing table, it looks gorgeous! As does your OOTD. You really rock TSW patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Currently a pair of blue flowery trousers are marinating in the sewing cookshop. I hope they come out as well as your things always do 😄

    ReplyDelete