Sunday, May 7, 2017

MMM Day 7

Dresses are always outliers in my wardrobe. I am ever optimistic and I make them and then I don't wear them much.



This one, from the Sewing Workshop, is a recent make that I've already worn several times. It is quite the understatement to say that it is comfortable. And it was nearly free because it is made out of ponte knit remnants I had lurking near my stash. The only fit is through the shoulders and maybe the bust.



At this point, I am convinced it's a keeper and I even have some ITY knit that should be lovely for this pattern. I'll be checking for lines to shorten it a bit. For now, I'm considering making a different dress. Never give up!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, very good dress....especially with the leggings.....need a fabulous necklace.....great arty outfit indeed.....thanks for all of your MMM days....I make all my clothes, but never get around to photographing them....so really appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually much of a fan of colour-blocking but I really like how this turned out! It looks quite different on the body than in the tech drawing too. Much more elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Louisa, it looks much better on you than in the line drawing. This dress looks comfortable and chic - perfect!

    ReplyDelete