Monday, May 29, 2017

MMM Day 29

Today is the first day of Camp Sew 'n' Sew, a one week camp I've organized each summer now for 9 years! It's always fun and occasionally challenging. Totally worth it.


Top:

This is a tee shirt made with Grainline Studio's Lark Tee pattern. The fabric is rayon jersey, black and white striped. I love stripes!


Pants:

These are my newest favorite pants pattern - Eureka! Pants that Fit from Fit for Art. These are the first pair I made in white denim. The pants pattern is quite basic with front and back darts, ordinary side seams and inseam, with a tapered silhouette. For these I used a lapped center back zipper with a tiny on-grain binding at the waistline. I also cropped them for summer wear.



And here is what the girls made today:


Camp Sew 'n' sew is for girls temporarily living in a group home. This year, some have had sewing experience and others were brand new to sewing. They all seemed to have a grand time!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! THANK YOU for being there for these young girls ,and for yourLOVE and PATIENCE to teach them a lifelong skill! I applaud YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific to see what you're doing. In fact, what a joy. ..... And those pants fit so well. Thanks for your MMM posts. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete