Wednesday, May 24, 2017

MMM Day 24

Today I'm wearing a topper from Folkwear and pants from the Sewing Workshop:


Top:

This shirt is a fun piece to make with its reversed neckline facing that creates a V-neck and an ethnic look. Called the Egyptian shirt, it is designed and sold by Folkwear. It also has clever pockets in the side panels. I've made the longer version, but of course this is shirt length or perhaps tunic length.

The fabric is a light-weight linen with a beautiful geometric weave. I purchased it from Marie DeGeorge in one of her sometimes annual purge of her design studio.

Pants:

Having worn these all day long, I decided to cut out a new pair. They are so easy to wear (and make). These are the Quincy pants from the Sewing Workshop. They are pull-on pants with an elastic waist and narrowed legs. The pattern shows a button and loop on the side of each leg. I omitted that.

The fabric used in today's Quincy pants is a mystery. It is one of those pieces that marinated in my stash long enough for me to forget its source. It feels like a brushed silk, but it might be rayon. I should do a burn test to see if I can tell. They are lovely to wear.

So that's it for MMM Day 24!

1 comment:

  1. Cute makes Martha! I always wanted to try the Folkwear Gaza Dress.

    ReplyDelete