Friday, May 12, 2017

MMM Day 12

Bonjour!

the real thing at Musee D'Orsay

It's a beautiful day here in Paris. I hope it's lovely where you are too. My ensemble includes a top, pants, and a raincoat, but I did not need the raincoat - hooray!


Pants:

These are the Helix pants in black ponte, pattern and fabric from the Sewing Workshop. It's a great pant pattern if you like uncluttered pull-on pants. They have darts and no waistband. Instead of a waistband, a wide piece of elastic is stitched to the top edge, folded to the inside and anchored in the seams with stitch-in-the-ditch. I find the waistband finish to be a little fussy but well worth the fussing.

Shirt:

This is the as-yet unpublished shirt from the Sewing Workshop. I created an external facing similar to the one here and added white sashiko to highlight the facing. The fabric is a medium weight black cotton, a bit rough like an old linen.



Thanks to all who commented on yesterday's post! I love the suggestions and thoughts on Paris. And, Coco, this is for you:



We are staying a block away!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun! and I love that you took the Cayre photo. Isn't this a great area in which to stay in Paris - everything is within walking distance. I'm soooo jealous right now :-)

    ReplyDelete