Thursday, May 11, 2017

MMM Day 11

Just a quick post before I crash. Due to an overnight flight I started today the same way I finished yesterday. Same ensemble, coordinating circle under my eyes.



Then I checked into a hotel and freshened up a bit:


Shirt:

This is an OOP pattern from the Sewing Workshop - the hibiscus shirt. It is an interesting draft with the layered hem. It includes a collar band and standard collar but, for this one I used just the collar band and made it slightly wider. It has set-in sleeves with an interesting insert near the hem.

Check out that clever pocket!
The fabric is a basic gray shirting and silver buttons, both from Gail K in Atlanta. I added a little sashiko to highlight the cool lines of this shirt pattern.

Pants:

These are the wonderful wool one-seams I wore yesterday. You may be seeing a lot of them in the next few days!



After a quick walk around the neighborhood of my hotel and a walk through Le Bon Marché, I am ready to crash!


So tempting, right?


9 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Paris! The flowers gave it away early. I always stayed nearby you, on the Rue du Bac/Rue Raspil intersection, the Hotel Cayre. I miss my trips so much (health keeps me stateside now...le sigh). I always found a walk after arrival helped keep me awake as well, until a reasonable bed time. Usually to the Musee d'Orsay. Hope your trip has plenty of opportunity for enjoyment and so on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw your hotel today. And spent the day at Musee d'Orsay. I am saturated with so much beauty. Thanks for your comment. Sounds like you're very familiar with Paris.

      Delete
  2. So happy to be enjoying this trip with you vicariously...including the shopping. So many temptations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, much temptation and inspiration here.

      Delete
  3. Sounds as though you are off to a great start on your vacation. Love Paris. Rue du Bac, Gelatto shop, flower shops.....wonderful! Paul's - breakfast coffee and croissant. Cafe Angelina - African Hot Chocolate -- ah, the memories!!! D'Orsay with favorite Renoir's, fabulous Pilgrimage enormous canvas - 7ft tall - Arabs on camels, making their way across the desert.....oh, be still my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! I now have Paul's and Cafe Angelina marked on my map. And I spent today at d'Orsay. I could spend every day there, probably.

      Delete
  4. Well you see, as soon as I saw the street flowers I thought you were in SF....oh well, Paris is good too! Tell me again, what OOP stands for? And also why you like the L. Cutting 1 seam pant, I usually use the Kayla Kennington Perennial Pant....are you familiar with her brand? Okay take a little sleep and then go and do....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOP is out of print. Sorry. I like the L. Cutting one-seams because they just seem to work with everything I wear. I make the tapered ones. I am familiar with KK patterns but not the pant. Is it similar with some tapering?

      Delete
  5. The Perennial pant by Kayla Kensington is sort of a Asian work pant, 5" of ease, has a large dart at lower pant hem to give the pants shape, along with a large rectangular pocket, which I only add one. The pant needs to be made out of a drapey fabric, I have them out of rayon, silk, velvet...also the pant needs to be at ankle length otherwise it looks like pjs. I'm going to go look at l. cutting slacks....narrow sounds good, thanks.

    ReplyDelete