Tuesday, May 30, 2017

MMM Day 30

Me-Made-May is almost over. And, as usual, I've learned some things about what I like to wear, what I like to make, and the intersection between those two!


Top:

This shirt is from Just A Pinch, a pattern from Cutting Line Designs. The name originates from the horizontal pin tucks down the front. I omitted the tucks, and more recently took about 3 inches off the back length. The cheerful yellow fabric is a Japanese cotton, also from Cutting Line Designs.

I really like that vest but have not made it yet.

Pants:

These are my newest make with the Quincy pattern from the Sewing Workshop. The fabric is a washed linen I purchased in Paris. It was already highly textured, as you might expect from a *washed* linen. I tested it to make sure because it doesn't behave exactly like linens I used before. It is much better behaved. And it was wonderful to sew.
I omitted the tabs on the side seams. And I think mine are too long for summer pants. I'll take them up 1/2 inch. I don't like for my pants legs to pool on top of my feet.

It was another fun day at Camp Sew 'n' Sew. Here's what we made today:


Aren't they adorable?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your young seamstresses are really productive! Hope you all continue to enjoy the process and each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such fun with the young sewists! So good you have taken up this effort to teach them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed reading every day this month about your hand-made beautiful clothes. Thank you for sharing your sewing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit and color combo especially, have enjoyed all of your makes for the month....Good Show!

    ReplyDelete